Preparation/Cooling time: 2hrs
Assembly time: 20-30mins
- 6 Plain vanilla cupcakes (or any cupcake of your choice)
- 1 tin of Fruit cocktail or berries (or any tinned fruit of your choice)
- Jelly (any flavour(s) of your choice)
- Vanilla custard
- Whipped cream
- Prepare the jars: Wash each jar and rinse with hot water. Leave to cool until room temperature.
- Making the jelly: cut the jelly into cubes and place into a microwaveable measuring jug. Pour boiling water (amount advised on the packet) directly onto the cubes and stir until smooth. Put into the microwave if necessary, in 30 second intervals, to smoothen out any lumps. Then pour in the fruit cocktail, minus the additional water, into the jelly mix and stir until even.
- Pour a small amount of the mix into the jars, about ¼ high and place in the fridge to set for an hour(+)
- Once the jelly is set, spilt the cupcakes into two or three on its side and place each circular section onto the jelly layer of each jar.
- Pour the vanilla custard into each jar about another ¼ full and then pipe or squeeze a dollop of airy whipped cream on top to fill the remaining quarter of the jar.
- Feel free to garnish with fruit or cupcake crumbs. Refrigerate for another hour(+)