Preparation time: 20 mins
Chilling Time: 3 hours+ (Overnight recommended)
- 50g Digestive biscuits
- 50g Ginger snap biscuits
- 50g Butter (melted)
- 100g Caster sugar
- 250g Cream cheese (preferably Philadelphia)
- 280g Double cream
- 325g Lemon curd
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 extra lemons (two for zest, other for slices)
- In a food processor or plastic food bag, crush together the biscuits finely.
- Pour into a bowl and add in the melted butter, mixing together evenly. Transfer this mix into your dish and press in evenly using the back of a wooden spoon, filling all gaps until flat. Put in the fridge to cool.
- Finely grate the zest of two lemons and put aside, then juice one more lemon and put aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip together the double cream on high speed until it forms stiff peaks. Then add in the cream cheese, caster sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest and whisk together until combined and thick.
- Remove the set biscuit base from the fridge, and spoon on the creamy mix, evenly distributing across the base. Smooth with a palette knife if necessary.
- Put the dish back into the fridge for at least 2hours to set.
- Remove the dish from the fridge. Heat the lemon curd in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1minute until it turns into a more liquid state. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then pour the curd across the cheesecake in a thin layer. Put back in the fridge to set for an additional hour or more
- When ready to serve, garnish with fine slices of lemon.