Preparation time: 20mins
Cooking time: 50mins or 15-20mins
Makes: 2*8” tins for 10 or 24 cupcakes
- 400g of Butter (softened to room temp)
- 400g Caster Sugar
- 400g Plain Flour
- 6 Large eggs
- 4tspns Vanilla Extract
- 4tbsps Plain/Greek Yoghurt
- 2tspns Cinnamon
- 1tspn Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Prepare the tins: using the outside base of one tin, mark out a circle in pencil on baking paper and cut it out, do this two times. Brush the inside of both tins with a fine layer of butter and then sprinkle over some extra flour, patting away any excess. Then, place your baking paper circles into the inside base of each tin. (If making cupcakes, prepare two times twelve cupcake holes with cupcake cases).
- Whip the softened butter and caster sugar together using a cake machine on high speed until light pale and fluffy.
- While the butter and sugar creams, sift all of the flour and the cinnamon into a spare bowl to avoid lumps.
- Then, one by one, crack in the eggs with the cake machine on low speed. (It may help to crack the eggs into a separate bowl to avoid getting eggshells into the main mix).
- While on low, add in the nutmeg and vanilla extract and then half of the flour mix. Then, spoon by spoon, add in the yogurt and finally the remaining half of the flour.
- Once all is combined, divide the mixture into two even batches and pour into the prepared tins. (If making cupcakes, divide evenly filling each case ½ to ¾s full).
- Place both tins into the oven and turn down to 150 degrees for 50mins. When ready, stick a fine wooden toothpick into both batches and pull out, ensuring that it comes out dry and that both cakes are spongey and well cooked through.